Thursday 30 April 2009

Modern Times

Colleagues,

Back from France and straight into the thick of it.

On Tuesday I was with colleagues from UNITE, UCATT, PCS etc. in Birmingham at lunchtime marking our respect for International Workers' Memorial Day.


It is a highly poignant day and reminds us all of one of the primary reasons why we as trade unionists exists.

I was really pleased that most of the UNISON activists I was teaching that day came along to the event next to the Cathedral in Birmingham.

Please let me know what events you attended across the UK.

Many thanks

Ian

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pleased to report (as ever) on a well attended event in Manchester.

Good attendance from UNITE comrades and other unions.

Always good to see/hear from UCATT reps who represent in my view the group of workers worst hit by H&S scandal each year.

Thanks

SUNNY said...

I didn't know of this event - how do you find it if it is going ahead in your town?